General

Hypoallergenic dogs that dont shed

Hypoallergenic dogs that dont shed


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Hypoallergenic dogs that dont shed

I have been looking for a long time for a breed of dog that is hypoallergenic and non-shedding. I have looked at the dachshund and it is one of the few breeds of dog that I have not developed allergic reactions to but I have heard its not really hypoallergenic. I also looked at the beagle and i found no information on their shedding habits or their hypoallergenic properties. I found many articles on the beagle and they all say that they are very hypoallergenic, even though I have never owned one of those breeds. I also researched dog breeds that are known for being easy to care for and have good hypoallergenic qualities and i found many breeds, but I wanted to find something with hypoallergenic qualities that did not shed and that would not cost me more money to care for because i live in a place where the taxes and the housing is not as cheap as i would like it to be. My question is what dog breed would you choose to have if you could have a breed of dog with these properties? I am looking for a hypoallergenic dog that doesnt shed and will not cost me more money in the long run to care for.

I can't help with the details on the beagle because they've been bred to not be good hunting dogs, I'll leave that to some of the people who specialize in beagle breeds and their care. I can tell you for sure that no dog is truly hypoallergenic. The list of allergens you find in the fur of a dog is so huge that it would take quite a bit of time and money and research to get to the point where there is true hypoallergy. The more popular breeds tend to shed less than the rarer breeds. And there is no dog breed that is 100% hypoallergenic.

I think that the answer depends upon your lifestyle. If your are a person who has allergies and you want to avoid getting any of the allergic reactions to allergens that dogs can be known to have then it might be best to look at something that doesn't make too much of a fuss.

A puppy, an adult dog that is raised outside and is living in a very clean environment would probably be the best dog to look for. I don't know how you'd go about searching for one of these but it might be worth looking into. I know that it wouldn't be cheap to do but the benefits might be worth it.

All the advice so far has been in the affirmative. I do, however, have a couple of questions.

I have read somewhere that many dogs, even some so-called "hypoallergenic" breeds, might not be as hypoallergenic as they seem and that if you have allergies it is best to avoid them.

Do any of you out there know if this is true?

If not, what is the best alternative?

And as a second question, if a person has allergies and wants a dog that is hypoallergenic, but if they also happen to have a sensitivity to anisulfan in the urine, how might one go about avoiding this?

Anisulfan is a commonly used insecticide and is known to have been used to kill fleas. My father is a veterinarian and he has treated several dogs with this product. Some dogs don't show much reaction, but others have urinary tract issues. It is a real issue with some dogs and some veterinarians are hesitant to use it on a dog if that dog had any other issues. If the dog had other medical issues, the veterinarian might choose not to use it.

I would ask a veterinarian if they knew of a way of using an insecticide with less of a side effect. Another possibility might be to get a "hypoallergenic" dog as your primary dog. And if allergies are an issue, maybe it is better to get a dog with a coat that is shed less often, less skin shedding, and one with a shorter coat. It might also be a good idea to get a breed that has hair that isn't so dense, if the skin shedding is too much for you to handle. And there are several breeds with some hypoallergenic characteristics.

I'm so sorry for your mother's condition. I didn't know about it but now I'm sorry that I didn't know, if I did know. I will check out the information and if you have any other questions I will help.

Thank you for responding so quickly, and for all of your help. The one thing I am concerned about is that I could have allergies as well, so I will be following up with the clinic and seeing if they can offer anything about this.

I did take a look on your site and it does look like there are some really great breed recommendations. Thank you so much again, I'm going to make sure that I read up on them.

Please respond with your thoughts if you have any, thank you again and much peace!

Hi, I am glad to be of assistance. I used to own a Golden Retriever, and I think they can really be sensitive to many of the things that people are sensitive to. In the past, I have had my clients get a few of the breeds that you are talking about and they are very sensitive to the different breeds. A "sensitive" dog is a very interesting thing to have and the reactions are very interesting as well. It's important to see which breed has less reactivity, and even then, there is likely to be a small amount of sensitivity in that breed. In the Golden, I had more trouble with the Labret Coat than the Coat, but my Golden was so incredibly sensitive that he would have a reaction even if I were out in the sun without a hat. It was always so interesting to see which breed would be more reactive. My Golden Retriever lived to be 13 years old, and even up to that time, he had some pretty interesting reactions that would make someone laugh. It's possible that your Golden is sensitive to his own breed, or maybe to something in the food. It could also be in reaction to the change in diet. I agree with others who said that a "sensitive" dog is a great trait, and in some cases, it can also be a good thing to have.

Thank you for responding, I really appreciate the feedback and you gave me a lot to think about. I just noticed that you own a Lab too, it seems we have some similar experiences! It's interesting that you said, "The Labret Coat is a bit of a pain because it has a lot of shedding. You're not supposed to shave him every day. I don't want to sound like I'm beating a dead horse. It's definitely an issue and something you have to consider. I'm pretty